Butterflies are in the order Lepidoptera, they are beautiful looking because of their colorful wings. The butterfly wing is actually covered with tiny scales which makes it bright and colorful. You can read more facts about butterfly wings on our blog.
They like the forest area where there is an abundance of trees, nectar, and water source. They require water sources for mud-puddling.
1. BUTTERFLIES LIKE MUD PUDDLING WHICH PROVIDE THEM WITH ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS.
2. BUTTERFLY HABITAT IS MAINLY SUNNY PLACE AS BUTTERLY NEED SUNLIGHT FOR WING MUSCLES GET ENERGY.
3. BUTTERFLY HABITATS HAVE LONG SUMMERS.
4. MALES OF SOME BUTTERLY SPECIES PREFER TO MATE ON TOP OF HILLS AND MOUNTAINS AS MORE BIOMASS IS PRESENT ON THE HILLTOP.
5. BUTTERFLIES LIKES TO LIVE NEAR Queen Anne’s Lace, violets, marigolds, and maybe even milkweed PLANTS.
6. PERU HAS THE LARGEST NUMBER OF BUTTERLY SPECIES IN THE WORLD THAT CONSTITUTE MORE THAN 20% OF THE TOTAL BUTTERFLIES FOUND IN THE WORLD.
7. Butterflies are cold-blooded creatures which is why they are found mostly in the tropics.
8. A BUTTERFLY HABITAT MOSTLY DEPENDS ON THE RESOURCES AVAILABLE FOR THE CATERPILLAR.
9. WEEDS FOUND ON AN AGRICULTURAL FARM CAN BE THE BEST HABITAT FOR SOME BUTTERFLY SPECIES.
10. Mountain canyons ARE THE LARGEST HABITAT OF BUTTERFLY SPECIES IN US.
Butterfly habitat near you
If you want to find a butterfly habitat near you, the best way is to buy or download a map of the butterfly habitat. You can also take the help of an online website proving data on butterfly location, and population stats.
If you want to find an accurate location of a butterfly habitat, use an app on your phone. An app can track locations near which is suitable for the butterfly population.
The most common habitats of butterflies are forests, mountain tops, flower gardens, and the area where they can puddle mud.
How to attract butterflies to your home garden?
You can attract these beautiful-looking flying Lepidoptera to your garden. First, we need to understand the behavior of an adult butterfly.
Plant bright flowers in your garden with pleasant fragrances as the butterfly has antennae, palps, legs, and many other parts of the body with sense receptors that are used to smell.
Additionally, you can create a small damp place in your garden rich in rock nutrients as butterfly-like puddling.
You can even rear a butterfly as a pet and create a fascinating garden with flowers and trees.
*This article may contain affiliate links. We receive a small percentage of sales made through them at no extra cost to the reader. For more information see our Disclaimer page.