American and Asian Black Bears are the most popular bear species spreading across more than one-fourth of the globe.
Black Bears are not endangered as their population is high compared to other Bear Species. They are middle-sized living in the forest and omnivorous.
1. The American black bear is the world’s most common bear species.
2. American black bears often mark trees using their teeth and claws as a form of communication with other bears.
3. The most favored cuts of the American black bear’s meat are concentrated in the legs and loins.
4. Black bears are the smallest species of bear in North America.
5. They mostly live in forests and are also found in mountains and swamps.
6. BLACK BEAR make their dens in caves, burrows, or other sheltered spots and Sometimes even in tree holes!
7. Black bears have very strong hind legs to take all the body weight.
8. Don’t fool by their big plumpy body, they can run as fast as 40KMph.
9. The black bear’s name is misleading as all black bear’s fur is not completely black, can be brown or cinnamon.
10. Black Bears are good at running fast but they are also swift swimmers.
Black bears are strong animals they can crush a car with their body force. An adult male bear weighs more than 500 pounds and the female weighs less than the male. North America has the highest concentration of black bears in the world.